This course is designed to give students a nationally recognised qualification in Media Make-up, providing the knowledge, skills and understanding required to gain employment within the industry.
It provides the learner with an insight into working within the media industry as a make-up artist as part of a production team.
Units covered include:
- Make-up for Performers
- Make-up Application Skills and Creative Use in Performance
- Mask Making
- Full body Make-up
- Special Effects Make-up
- Make-up Using Prosthetics
- Period Make-up
- Fantasy Hair Design
- Period Hair Design and Wigmaking
- Hair Styling and Dressing
- Production Art Workshop
- Performing Arts Business
- Historical Context of Performing
- Production Arts Planning
- Production for Theatre Performance
- Arts in the Community
- Design Method
Attendance of 100% is necessary in order to complete the course.
To enhance employment opportunities the course may also have additional qualifications built into the programme.